Pam Erickson
612 790 1078
Begin forwarded message:
From: Pam Erickson <pam.erickson1078@gmail.com>
Date: June 25, 2011 7:20:01 PM CDT
To: alan1477@usinternet.com, davetolson@aol.com, rickson04@hotmail.com, olseria@gmail.com, erickson.neal@gmail.com, pam.erickson1078@gmail.com, Denise <revdenise1@gctel.net>
Subject: Marion's Handwritten Note:
Family Members: I have asked Alan Aus (cousin on the Erickson side) to do some family heritage research on the Swedish side. Since I am sending him this information, thought I would copy you too. Nothing for you to do with it. Just wanted you to know.----------------------------------------------------------Alan: Here is the exact verbage of Marion's note:June 12, 1991Grandpa Albert Olson (Olaf Enberg - Baptismal name) sailed from Malmo, Sweden at the mere age of five. In 1886 he sailed to America. He sailed with his sister Alma, eighteen years old and Mary, next in years to Olaf.The father Peter Enberg, sailed to America first. Their mother died in Sweden so John and August came after -or- with their father.Olaf Enberg was adopted by John and Hannah Olson in Vasa, MN where he grew up.Olaf, now Albert Olson, meet his future wife Mary Margaret Graham in Red Wing, MN, twelve miles from Vasa.Mary sailed all alone from Banbridge, County Down, North Ireland at the age of 12 years. Her sister Sarah, eighteen years, backed out of the trip to America at Belfast. She never knew what happened to Mary Margaret.Olaf Enberg/Albert Olson and Mary Margaret Graham/Olson had two children. Marion Frances Olson/Erickson and Harris ???? Olson.Marion Frances started corresponding with Charlie (Graham) Grimes in Ireland.-------------------Note: In Sweden, I will be visting with Lars and Anna-Lena Stahle, their son Jakob and their daughter Helena. (Her last name unknown right now.) We have been invited to stay at Helena's home for three nights.------------------Information below is repeat for Alan, but new to the family members:Here is how Lars explained we were related:My fathers mothers mother, Nilla Bengtsdotter (born 1826) had two brothers, Anders and Per Enberg. Both moved to Amerika. Per the year 1885. Harris, Marion, Evelyn, Hilding and Helga are his grandchildren. They were my fathers second cousins.Lars also said he had more information which I am hoping to gleam and I have also given Alan Aus contact information for Lars.Brian thinks he has more information tucked away somewhere. He is going to look for it this next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment